Just about a month ago Karl and I celebrated our 4th anniversary. Sometimes it is hard to believe that we have been married 4 years and other times it seems like it has been longer (in a good way). Thinking back to where we started and where we are now is a lot of fun for us. Let me see if I can highlight the details:
- Set up on a blind date in Abilene, TX - dated a few months and decided it just wasn't going to work out
- Almost two years later both of us moved to Dallas (without the other ones knowledge) and saw each other on I-20 - traffic was slow, so we rolled down the windows and exchanged numbers
- Finally went to dinner about 5 months later - Karl said, " Wouldn't this be a great story to tell our grandkids?" Without much of a pause, I told him that I wasn't going to date him again.
- After about five months of just being friends, we started dating again.
- Dated about a year and a half and decided to get married
- Got married during Hurricane Rita - the all outdoor wedding was moved indoors in about 24 hours - our preacher cancelled and my uncle married us - and we left a day late for our honeymoon...fun times and many good memories
- Celebrated our first anniversary at Mount Rushmore
- Celebrated our second anniversary by going to see the Lion King at the State Fair
- Celebrated our third anniversary by going to see the Eagles in concert
- Now our fourth anniversary and two kids later we had a nice dinner at home with Winnie the Pooh on in the background and Pooh singing, "I'm Just a Little Black Rain Cloud" and Heidi nursing.
I wouldn't trade it for the world!
The small plates on the corner belong to Karl Mikal. And yes, this will be a great story to tell our grandkids. :)